My name is C. Dean Matsas, call me “Dean,” and welcome to my law firm, I call “Make It Better Law.” I am a solo practitioner focusing on bankruptcy and personal injury law and have been since 1988. My storefront office is a neighborhood practice conveniently located about eight miles north of downtown Chicago. There is no hassle—you can pull right up and park right here, without the downtown inconvenience and expense.
After my law degree, I soon started my law practice. Each day since, I help people get their lives back on track by getting rid of excess debt burdens or by securing for them financial compensation for an injury they suffered.
Debt is a major stressor in most people’s lives, especially when it overwhelmes us and we can’t pay it back; it is my goal to help reduce some of your financial burdens and make your life better.
Accidents happen, and whether caused by someone else’s actions or inaction, you have the right to pursue justice under the law. The individual or company who injured you is responsible for the physical, emotional, economic and psychological damages they caused. I pursue that justice for you so you can receive the compensation to which you are entitled, all with the purpose of making your life better.
I operate a client-centered legal practice, focused upon the individual needs of our clients – (which is an advantage for you). You will always be able to find me—I am not hidden behind layers of administrative staff or associates. If you have an issue or a question, you can come to me and we can discuss your situation and I will offer my professional advice. I focus on each one of my clients, giving you the time and attention you require and deserve.
More About C. Dean Matsas
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D. 1986
- Loyola University of Chicago, cum laude, 1983
- Oxford University Summer Program On International & Comparative Law, 1984
Bar & Court Admissions (past & present)
- Illinois State Bar & Court Admission, 1986
- Bar & Court Admissions, U.S. Supreme Court, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1987
Professional Affiliations (past & present)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
Licensing – Jurisdictions
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals – 7th District
- United States District Court: Northern District of Illinois
- United States Bankruptcy Court: Northern District of Illinois
- State of Illinois